THE PET LION PRESENTS

We're so busy looking for a saviour We don't see the power in ourselves All our lives are precious, don't let it pass you by - lamb

Sunday, April 24, 2005

We should shine a light on A light on And the book I write on Write on It was Right On - Joanna Newsom

Friday night my brother Kevin was in town with his girlfriend so my brother Steve an I went to the Shoe Shop for a couple of drinks with them. Had some good laughs. Went home and had a relaxed evening.

Saturday night I first went to the One World Cafe (formerly The Blue Bird which was formerly Salvation) to see Shapes and Cymbals and How Memory Works. Played some speed Scrabble before the bands started. It was a fun time. Almost everyone there I knew to some degree, including the band members. They both played great sets. Check 'em out if you get the chance. Next Alfred and I took off to the Seahorse to catch Wax Mannequin. After getting through some technical difficulties he did his stuff to a loving crowd. This guy is seriously crazy. He is very serious, never cracking a smile or anything. But his songs are quite insane (and fun). Again, check him out if you get the chance. After Wax finished his set Alfred and I grabbed our coats and headed to North St after a quick stop at my place. We were catching the tail end of the party at Rachel's place so there wasn't a lot of people left. Hung out for a while but was a bit to tired and too sober to really enjoy myself so I took off for home.

Today I played the season opener for field ball in the commons. We had eight people out despite the fog and drizzle and had a couple of really fun games. It feels great to get out and run around for a couple of hours. Sundays at 3:00pm if you're interested in playing.

I think I might drop by the NSCAD graduation tonight for the Sharp Like Knives performance and IDN DJ's.

1 Comments:

At 7:50 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi,

We have just added your latest post "THE PET LION PRESENTS: We should shine a light on A light on And the book I write on Write on It was Right On - Joanna Newsom" to our Directory of Pets . You can check the inclusion of the post here . We are delighted to invite you to submit all your future posts to the directory and get a huge base of visitors to your website.


Warm Regards

Petgarden.info Team

http://www.petgarden.info

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home