THE PET LION PRESENTS

We're so busy looking for a saviour We don't see the power in ourselves All our lives are precious, don't let it pass you by - lamb

Friday, March 25, 2005

sing me a lullaby. Sing me the alphabet. Sing me a story I haven't heard yet. - The Weakerthans

The line-up for Reflections last night was much shorter than the Pavillion show. Alf and I got in with time to hit the washroom and grab some drinks and start making out way up front before Jon Epworth started. We met up with Kristen, Craig and Andrea. Epworth played a great set and tore it up on the last song even without the second guitar because of a blown up cabinet. After that set we worked our way to the front for the Constantines. The crowd was really entusiastic for them with lots of singing and fist pumping. TURN IT UP! Right after their set there was a flood of people trying to shove their way to the front. I worked with the people I ended up standing by to squeeze out anyone trying to elbow through. "I just need to get past you for a few seconds" Really, who are you fooling? I moved up here for this prime spot early on I'm not letting anyone push through now. When the Weakerthans hit the stage the crowd was just bouncing. It was definitely a sing-along fest up front. I like how with Left and Leaving John K. Sampson lets the crowd sing the high note that starts a line than comes in on the second syllable. Beautiful! Pamphleteer was performed so I was happy that song got played over these two shows. After they played a couple of songs for an encore they got the Cons on stage and did The Travelling Wilbury's End of the Line. It was great.
The coat check line was insanely long so we grabbed some drinks and hung out for a while and ended the night at Freemans for some early morning food.
Getting to see the Weakerthans two nights in a row was really a treat. Now to try a triple Rheostatics in April.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home