THE PET LION PRESENTS

We're so busy looking for a saviour We don't see the power in ourselves All our lives are precious, don't let it pass you by - lamb

Wednesday, March 23, 2005

I want to call requests through heating-vents - The Weakerthans

I just got back from the Pavillion stop of the Rolling Tundra Revue. I got over there at 7 and there was a line-up out to Cogswell. I didn't get in until quarter to eight. By that time The Burdocks were halfway through their set. I moved up front and grabbed some wall. I figured I could be up close without standing in front of some shorter kid and ruining their view. Rachel Nevers came by and said hello and we watched the Constantines set. I wished the crowd was more rowdy and into the set. The Cons would probably played a little more intense. It sounded really good though. I appreciated them more this time now that I'm more familiar with them from listening to Shine A Light. The Weakerthans were up next and it appeared that was what most of the kids were there for. What can I say about how good the Weakerthans are? Well Left and Leaving was worth the price of admission alone. I expecting the Reflections show tomorrow night to be killer. Hung out with the B'docks afterwards and got in on the cover debate for their next album. They wouldn't let me know what its going to be called though. Bought a Weakerthans shirt with all kinds of yellow park signs on it. Reminds me of listening to Left and Leaving while driving home from camping in the Cape Breton highlands.

Tomorrow Part II

1 Comments:

At 9:02 PM , Blogger alfred said...

Tonite is definitely gonna be killer!!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home