THE PET LION PRESENTS

We're so busy looking for a saviour We don't see the power in ourselves All our lives are precious, don't let it pass you by - lamb

Sunday, March 13, 2005

Hey hey, remember me? Yeah, we've met before - Carolyn Mark

I saw Carolyn Mark and Lederhosen Lucil at the Seahorse last night. What a fun show. Carolyn has such a great stage presence. Plus she can come up with some great lyrics. Don't be caught drinking white wine near her. She hosts a open mic seesion on Sundays in Victoria called the Hootenany. I used to go all the time when I lived in Victoria and saw some incredible performers there like Geoff Berner.

Lederhosen Lucil had a crazier performance. Her pirate/lederhosen get-up was hilarious. Jaaaarrrrrr! (combination of the German Ja! and the pirate Rrrrrrrrrrrrr!) She made people "walk the plank" to win a single (including a Kid Koala remix). You can't say there's much wrong with songs that make everyone dance and double over laughing at the same time.

I talked to Carolyn briefly after the show about Victoria. She said she thought I looked familiar (I was up front for her set). I always went to the bar(Logan's which was called Thursday's when I lived there) that she held the Hootenany at to see shows and she often hung out there so maybe she wasn't politely humouring me. Strangely I didn't bring up Frog Eyes (she sometimes contributes background vocals on their albums) considering how much I usually talk about Frog Eyes.

The Seahorse still smells like vomit/ass. I read on the halifaxlocals messageboard something about possible renovations. Hopefully they can get rid of the smell without ruining whats great about that ol' tavern.

1 Comments:

At 7:47 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yep.
Same show.
Sackville. Everyone danced. Surreal.
Stayed up all night at a small pub afterwards with local music legends and my english prof..
Again, surreal.
Lovely girls, ain't they?

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home