THE PET LION PRESENTS

We're so busy looking for a saviour We don't see the power in ourselves All our lives are precious, don't let it pass you by - lamb

Sunday, May 15, 2005

You want to see I'll show you I'll show you a good time I'll take you where the music is so loud - Greg MacPherson Band

Friday night I went to see Greg MacPherson at Reflections. Got there in time to see all of Great Plains set. Greg came up to me during their first song to say hello. I first met him in early 2000 and after listening to Balanced on a Pin I've been a big fan. I'm so glad that people know about him now. Great Plains were enjoyable as always. Sean was showing off his new internet purchase, a green 12 string. Greg got set up afterwards and poured his energy out through his voice and guitar. This guy is a killer songwriter. He has an amazing voice. Also he plays some incredible electric guitar with just his fingers and fist. Someone requested West St. James which I usually request so I joined in for the calls of Company Store. Damn I wish I could be in CB tonight to see him perform that song there. Its a true story about his grandfather who was a miner from Sydney Mines. Such a powerful song. The crowd was definitely into it except for a few loud talkers near the front that you could hear during the quieter songs. Its still perplexes me how people pay money to see a show and then talk loudly over the music. Up front. If you just want to hang out in the bar and chat please go to the back of the room. There was a lot of singing along, and clapping along when Greg would allow it. It was nice of the DJ to let Greg play another song after it was past midnight. I would have loved to see him play even longer.

After he was finished I decide to hang out and see what the night would bring. I was hanging out with Megan Sampson and Mike Gillis and his friend Chad. Chad got me a shot of tequila and Megan was lovely enough to get me a beer. I then went along with Mike and Chad to a party on Cork St. Chad hooked me up with some Jack Daniels which was good. Had a good time there with all these poeple I didn't know and some crazy stories from Mike. I left when Mike did and its probably good that I did because I kept him on track till he got to where he knew where he was.

Today I had Ultimate practice and then hit up some fieldball on the commons. It feels good to run around but I'm worn out now.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home