THE PET LION PRESENTS

We're so busy looking for a saviour We don't see the power in ourselves All our lives are precious, don't let it pass you by - lamb

Monday, May 23, 2005

Sit Down. Stand up. Walk into The Jaws of Hell. Anytime. Anytime. - Radiohead

Saturday night brought another live band party thanks to the magnificent Dale Fahey. I arrived really early so I helped move gear over from the jam spot. People slowly arrived and Gilbert Switzer eventually started playing to the gathered party-goers. This was my first time seeing this madness. I enjoyed it greatly. Simple drum set-up, guitar and a vocalist. Crazy fun! Then Attack Mode unleashed their punk rock assault while disguised by nylons over their heads. I watched one of their songs but spent most of their set hanging out in the kitchen, where I could still hear the music perfectly anyway. Party stuff happened like drinking, loud music, conversations, introductions, stories, jokes and the like. Good times.

My parents were in town this weekend so I spent some time with them on Sunday. We went over to my brother Steve's and later went to Freeman's for pizza. We then decided to take in the Rodin exhibition at the AGNS. I was really glad to see it. I honestly don't go into art galleries nearly enough. Rodin's bronze sculptures were really amazing. I was really interested in how figures he had used in the making of The Gates of Hell were later enlarged and made into their own works. The Kiss and The Thinker (two of his most famous works) both originated in the creation of the gate.
After checking out the rest of the gallery we went back to Steve's for supper and spent most of the evening there. When I got home that night I decided to do some more research on Rodin's work. The Gates of Hell is based on Dante Alighieri's Divine Comedy. I think i'll try to read that sometime this year. Radiohead's Lyrics also contain many references to the Comedy. Its interesting how it has influenced modern Christian beliefs about hell as well.

1 Comments:

At 4:45 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey!
Update already!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home