THE PET LION PRESENTS

We're so busy looking for a saviour We don't see the power in ourselves All our lives are precious, don't let it pass you by - lamb

Friday, July 14, 2006

Someday they'll lock the gate And your crescent moon will fall. Who will help you to your feet? Who'll say "Don't give up" again? - Rheostatics

This should be a fun weekend.

Tonight is An Evening with Dave Bidini at Ginger's. Dave of course is a member of my favourite band ever, Rheostatics. He will be doing some readings from his writing projects and hopefully some stories of his recent international travels. The future of Rheostatics is uncertain at the moment as Tim Vesely has left the band and Dave and Martin are deciding if the will continue under the name that's about the same age as I am. Alfred asked me the other day if I was more excited about getting to drink Granite's Peculiar or seeing Bidini. I stopped a moment before saying Bidini, as I do love that beer.

Tomorrow night is a Stage Nine night as Spincycle², HotShotRobot and Joyless Streets are playing. Hopefully lots of people will be out to party and rock out. Haven't seen the Joyless Streets yet but HSR and S^2 are amongst my favourite Halifax bands/people.

Sunday night is Geoff Berner, again at Ginger's, which I can assure you will be awesome. He's playing as part of the Jazz festival but he's some strange, wonderful conglomeration of klezmer, punk, intelligence and drunkenness. Of course I will be enjoying more tasty, tasty Peculiar. GO SEE THIS!

Also, some soccerin' is going down Saturday. It should be starting at 4:00 apparently. We'll be somewhere on the Commons. Come and play.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home